Monday 7 April 2014

What you waiting for?

So I've had enough. I've have been a moany cunt on here for too long (yes, I said it. It's true though!). There's only so long before you have to pick yourself up by the britches, wash your face, shine your shoes and get on with life. 

This holiday, I'm going to get shit done. I've decided to get  the front bedroom sorted. It's South facing and at the moment is just one of the cat bedrooms (they have two currently, not including our bedroom). One of the bedrooms that is a maybe baby room but NOT ANYMORE! I've decided to turn it into a studio/work room for me. I've already sent emails to some people about free desks and chairs. I am not entirely sure how I will get them across London but most things are flat pack right? 

The voucher for Hobbycraft that I was given by work is going to replenish all my art supplies. New sketch pads, paints, pastels, inks, nibs and pencils. With the lovely sunshine from the field that is no longer obstructed by the epic trees outside, I will have a workspace of my own.

“A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction.”
The stash from Hobbycraft (how I miss you Fred Aldous!) :
  • Oil pastels;
  • Watercolours;
  • Brushes;
  • Palette;
  • Mixed media sketch book;
  • Charcoal;
  • Putty erasers;
  • Sketching pencils;
  • Black, yellow, scarlet and ultramarine inks;
  • Nibs and handles.
Tomorrow, I will also fill in Paul's NHS number on the form and send back the letter to Time to Talk saying that I am willing to wait longer for the CBT they offered. Tomorrow, I will start to set up the space where I will write and draw. Having visited the Julia Donaldson exhibition yesterday, I came away feeling like her work was something not outside my own ability. It's time to start doing it and not just dreaming about it.
We will get our babies- PGD or not. 
I will write that book that P bought me this computer for.

No comments: